The real New Jersey Mob is the DeCavalcante family, but what we see on t.v., about the luxurious, prestigious life of crime promoted by well connected people (as seen on T.V. by The Sopranos) is often embellished.
In the case of this "Real Sopranos" documentary, it shows some of the funny but sometimes sad similarities between the real life New Jersey Mob and the HBO hit series "The Sopranos" that we all came to know and love.
- A boss dieing of Stomach Cancer -- like in the first season
- A high ranking mafia member killed for being homosexual -- like Vito
- Fighting for New York's approval -- always
- Running a strip club for legitimate income -- like Tony Soprano
- Robbing the World Trade Center and getting caught -- not a well thought out plan
- How fast your so called family will turn and rat
- How fast your family will expect you of ratting